QUETTA(National Times)- Security forces killed five terrorists during an intelligence-based operation (IBO) in the Killi Suran area of Panjgur under Operation Raddul Fitna 3, it emerged on Thursday.
Security forces said that intelligence was received regarding the movement of terrorists planning an attack. They said that five terrorists were killed in the incident while several others were wounded.
Security forces also said that a large quantity of weapons, ammunition and equipment was recovered from the terrorists. They added that the killed terrorists were involved in robbery, extortion, kidnapping for ransom, targeted killings and attacks in Panjgur and surrounding areas.
Security forces said operations under Operation Raddul Fitna 3 would continue as part of efforts to eliminate militant threats and restore security in the region.
Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi commended security forces for thwarting the “nefarious designs” of the terrorists affiliated with Fitna-al-Hindustan, according to a statement issued by his ministry.
The state has designated Balochistan-based terrorist groups as Fitna-al-Hindustan to highlight India’s alleged role in terrorism and destabilisation across Pakistan.
“The successful operations of the security forces against enemies of peace in Balochistan are commendable,” the statement quoted Naqvi as saying.
He added that the nation stood united against terrorism and in solidarity with the security forces.
Thursday’s operations are the latest in a string of actions being taken as Balochistan continues to grapple with security challenges.
On Tuesday, more than nine terrorists were killed in an IBO in Ziarat, Harnai and Surab under Operation Raddul Fitna 3. On Monday, two terrorists were killed and three others were injured in an IBO in the Killi Zaik area of Balochistan.
According to the Pakistan Institute for Conflict and Security Studies’ (PICSS) monthly security assessment released on July 31, the security situation deteriorated most significantly in Balochistan in the country last month.
The overall death toll increased by 241pc in Balochistan, from 109 in June to 372 in July, the report said.
Security personnel deaths in Balochistan increased from six in June to 62 in July, representing a rise of 933pc. Terrorist deaths rose from 75 to 238, while civilian deaths increased by 93pc, from 28 to 54. Eighteen members of peace committees were also killed in the province.



