2 terrorists killed in intelligence-based operation in Balochistan’s Killi Zaik: state media

RAWALPINDI(National Times)- Security forces killed two terrorists and injured three others during an intelligence-based operation (IBO) in the Killi Zaik area of Balochistan, state media reported on Monday, citing security sources.

“According to security sources, the operation was conducted following reports of terrorist presence in the area,” state-run Pakistan TV said on the social media platform X.

“Ammunition, hand grenades and materials used for making improvised explosive devices were also recovered,” it said.

PTV also shared a video of the operation on X, saying that security forces’ operations against Fitna al-Hindustan were ongoing.

The state has designated Balochistan-based terrorist groups as Fitna-al-Hindustan to highlight India’s alleged role in terrorism and destabilisation across Pakistan.

On Sunday, security forces killed seven terrorists during an IBO in Kharan’s Lajay area under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna 3. On Saturday, security forces had also killed 10 terrorists and injured many others in an IBO in the Shor Pard area of Balochistan’s Khuzdar district.

On Wednesday, at least 18 terrorists were killed in Balochistan’s Surab district, including eight in a premature detonation, the miliatry’s media affairs wing. State broadcaster Radio Pakistan reported last week that five terrorists, including a key commander, were killed in an IBO in the Sarkini and Chedgi areas of Panjgur district.

The operations are the latest in a string of actions being taken as Balochistan continues to grapple with security challenges.

According to the Pakistan Institute for Conflict and Security Studies’ (PICSS) monthly security assessment released on July 31, the security situation deteriorated most significantly in Balochistan in the country last month.

The overall death toll increased by 241pc in Balochistan, from 109 in June to 372 in July, the report said.

Security personnel deaths in Balochistan increased from six in June to 62 in July, representing a rise of 933pc. Terrorist deaths rose from 75 to 238, while civilian deaths increased by 93pc, from 28 to 54. Eighteen members of peace committees were also killed in the province.



Latest News
Iran says ‘no such thing’ as 60-day deadline in MoU with US
Pakistan’s largest refiner expands US crude imports amid Hormuz disruption
Rana Sanaullah says LA-14 winner has joined PML-N, raising party’s AJK election tally to 25
Kushner meets Netanyahu after talks with Hamas on Gaza plan
‘Big, bold and important first step’: Trump welcomes defence pact between Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Turkiye
2 terrorists killed in intelligence-based operation in Balochistan’s Killi Zaik: state media
Nawaz interviews candidates for AJK reserved seats
7 killed, 19 injured in stampede at temple in India’s Bihar




Multi Media   
Pakistan Exposes India’s Human Rights Record in IIOJK at UNHRC
 Multi Media
2025 in Review: A Year of Impact and Progress in Brussels
 Multi Media
DPM-FM Senator Ishaq Dar’s High-Level Brussels Visit: Key Highlights
 Multi Media
Embassy of Pakistan 🇵🇰 in Brussels || Quarterly Recap of Activities, Engagements & Outreach
 Multi Media
DPM Dar sends Trump peace prize nomination to Nobel Committee