Israel opens criminal probes over killings of Hind Rajab and Gaza rescue workers, military says

Web Desk(National Times)- Israel’s military will open internal criminal investigations over its troops’ killings in Gaza of Hind Rajab in January 2024 and 15 emergency and aid workers in March 2025, it said on Wednesday.

The military said the investigation decisions followed probes by its Fact-Finding and Assessment Mechanism. It released decisions regarding five incidents involving the deaths of Palestinians.

They included an examination of the killings of seven aid workers with the World Central Kitchen charity in April 2024. On that incident, the military claimed there was “no reasonable suspicion of criminal misconduct that would justify the opening of a criminal investigation.”

“For more than a thousand days, the IDF (Israel Defence Forces) has been conducting intensive combat across numerous fronts, carrying out a wide range of military missions in an exceptionally complex operational reality,” the Israeli military said.

“As part of the IDF’s obligations under international law and Israeli domestic law, the IDF examines exceptional incidents that occurred during combat,” the military said.

In January 2024, six-year-old Hind pleaded to be rescued, after her family’s car came under fire in war-ravaged Gaza City, leaving her alone, frightened and injured, surrounded by the bodies of her dead relatives.

“I am so scared,” she had said in a desperate phone call to the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS).

“Call someone to come get me, please.”

After more than two weeks of frantic efforts to reach her, Hind’s body, along with those of her relatives and two PRCS workers who had been dispatched to rescue her, was recovered.

An independent investigation by the London-based research group Forensic Architecture analysed satellite imagery and visual evidence, concluding that several Israeli tanks were near the vehicle and that one fired 335 rounds at the car carrying Hind and her family. The group also suggested that a tank likely attacked the ambulance.

Hind’s story and the recording of her emergency call later became the basis for the docudrama “The Voice of Hind Rajab” by Tunisian filmmaker Kaouther Ben Hania.

The film was nominated for best international feature film in the Academy Awards this year. The film incorporates real audio from Hind’s call to Red Crescent emergency workers.

In March this year, US lawmakers introduced legislation demanding a US investigation into Hind’s killing.



Latest News
Govt announces ‘significant decrease’ in diesel prices
Govt files review plea against SC ruling to move Imran to Shifa International Hospital, terms it ‘discriminatory’
‘A good start’: PPP, opposition agree to maintain contact, cooperate on legislative matters in parliament
Syrian FM Shaibani due to visit Pakistan today: FO
Israel opens criminal probes over killings of Hind Rajab and Gaza rescue workers, military says
PPP ‘stalls’ NA business, forces govt to shelve 21 bills
Pakistan extends airspace ban on Indian aircraft until Sept 24
PMD issues flood alert for Leh Nullah as heavy rains continue to batter Rawalpindi and Islamabad




Multi Media   
Pakistan Exposes India’s Human Rights Record in IIOJK at UNHRC
 Multi Media
2025 in Review: A Year of Impact and Progress in Brussels
 Multi Media
DPM-FM Senator Ishaq Dar’s High-Level Brussels Visit: Key Highlights
 Multi Media
Embassy of Pakistan 🇵🇰 in Brussels || Quarterly Recap of Activities, Engagements & Outreach
 Multi Media
DPM Dar sends Trump peace prize nomination to Nobel Committee